Madrid - Salamanca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Salamanca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madrid guidebook.
One of Madrid’s larger districts, Salamanca can look daunting on a map but it’s easily navigated on foot. It is very much a daytime area, and its tapas bars and restaurants overflow with busy lunchtime crowds during the week.
- shop for Spanish fashions along Calle de Serrano, one of Europe’s most prestigious shopping boulevards, beginning with Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, a signature store brimful with colour
- gain an insight into the old-money Salamanca world by visiting the extraordinary art collection of Museo Lázaro Galdiano, housed in a noble mansion
- find out more about bullfighting by taking a tour of Plaza de Toros, the city’s elegant bullring
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.