Madrid - Plaza Mayor & Royal Madrid (PDF Chapter)
The Plaza Mayor is the hub of Madrid’s most medieval quarter and is lovely and quiet in the morning, and lively and pretty in the late afternoon. Away to the north is the Plaza de Oriente, royal palace and cathedral.
- immerse yourself in the street life that courses across the cobblestones or take up residence at an outdoor table surrounding the Plaza Mayor
- soak up the grandeur at the Palacio Real, Madrid’s seat of royal power
- spend time in Plaza de la Villa, one of Madrid’s most architecturally rich corners
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Neighbourhood Walks.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.