Madrid - Parque del Oeste & Northern Madrid (PDF Chapter)
This is the Parque del Oeste & Northern Madrid chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madrid guidebook.
Ranged to the north and west of Madrid, these neighbourhoods cover a vast area and visiting requires careful planning. These attractive districts include Chamberí a reasonably self-contained area with enough sights, shops and restaurants to warrant at least half a day.
- visit Ermita de San Antonio de la Florida where the stunning collection of frescoes remain exactly where Goya painted them; it’s one of Madrid’s best-kept secrets
- surround yourself with paintings infused with the clear light of the Mediterranean in Museo Sorolla, a marvellous architectural showpiece
- prop up the ageless bar at Bodega de la Ardosa and order patatas bravas (fried potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce) and a vermouth
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.