Madrid - Malasana & Conde Duque (PDF Chapter)
This is the Malasaña & Conde Duque chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madrid guidebook.
Malasaña and Conde Duque are all about enjoying experiences like a local. Malasaña is the city’s retro heartbeat, a land of rock bars and vintage-clothing stores with a fine square at its centre.
- pass under the fabulous doorway and spend an hour or two delving into Madrid’s past at the Museo de Historia
- shop for retro fashions at Flamingos Vintage Kilo, then carry on to Calle de Velarde and Calle de Espíritu Santo
- kick back in true Malasaña style at Albur, one of the district’s best restaurants along Calle de Manuela Malasaña
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout