Madrid - La Latina & Lavapies (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the La Latina & Lavapiés chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madrid guidebook.
La Latina a great area for a break from downtown, mojito in hand, or to enjoy a tapas crawl; while Lavapiés is good for an afternoon stroll or evening catching the sights and sounds of multicultural Madrid.
- move from bar to bar ordering wine and tapas along Calle de la Cava Baja, one of the world’s great culinary streets
- look for Goya under the world’s fourth-largest church dome at Basílica de San Francisco El Grande
- join the local crowds on Sunday mornings for El Rastro, one of Europe’s busiest flea markets and a Madrid institution
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.