Madrid - El Retiro & the Art Museums (PDF Chapter)
The Paseo del Prado, with art galleries, other grand monuments and the city’s botanical gardens in residence, is very much a daytime neighbourhood, one that all but shuts down - at least by Madrid standards - after dark.
- enjoy the peace and beauty of the Parque del Buen Retiro, one of the most beautiful city parks in Europe.
- marvel at the sheer genius of Picasso as you ponder the many dimensions of Guernica at the Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
- sample all that’s innovative about the Spanish food revolution at Estado Puro, one of Madrid’s premier tapas bars
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping and Neighbourhood Walk.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.