*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Madrid - El Retiro & the Art Museums (PDF Chapter)
The Paseo del Prado, with art galleries, other grand monuments and the city’s botanical gardens in residence, is very much a daytime neighbourhood, one that all but shuts down - at least by Madrid standards - after dark.
- enjoy the peace and beauty of the Parque del Buen Retiro, one of the most beautiful city parks in Europe.
- marvel at the sheer genius of Picasso as you ponder the many dimensions of Guernica at the Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
- sample all that’s innovative about the Spanish food revolution at Estado Puro, one of Madrid’s premier tapas bars
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping and Neighbourhood Walk.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.