Madrid - Chueca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chueca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madrid guidebook.
Chueca is a curious mix of throbbing nightlife, cool places to eat and brilliant shopping. It carries the essence of Madrid’s modern appeal and is an area that the gay and lesbian community has transformed into one of the coolest places in Spain.
- take your pick for lunch along one of Madrid’s best culinary streets, starting perhaps with Bazaar, one of Chueca’s coolest icons
- follow in the footsteps of Hemingway and other famosos by ordering a mojito at the legendary Museo Chicote cocktail bar.
- seek out Sociedad General de Autores y Editores, an extravagant confection devoted to Modernisme and one of Madrid’s most unusual buildings
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout