Madagascar - Western Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guide-book.
Madagascar’s western region – divided in two, with no roads linking the south and north – is filled with adventurous possibilities and it’s from here that so many iconic Madagascar images orig-inate. Your rewards are priceless travelling epics you’ll never forget.
- follow the sensational via ferrata mountain route in Parc National Bemaraha in the Grands Tsingy
- admire the sunset or sunrise at the photogenic Allée des Baobabs close to Morondava
- spend a couple of days in remote Belo-sur-Mer
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Boeny Region, Majunga (Mahajanga), Katsepy, Parc National Ankarafantsika, Tsiribihina River Region, Miandrivazo, Belo-sur-Tsiribihina, Parc National Bemaraha, Morondava District, Morondava, Réserve Forestière de Kirindy, Belo-sur-Mer, Parc Na-tional Kirindy-Mite.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.