Madagascar - Western Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guidebook.
Madagascar’s western region – divided in two, with no roads linking the south and north – boasts incredible highlights, from soulful river journeys and otherworldly limestone landscapes to fabulous birdwatching and the majestic Allée des Baobabs. And don’t forget the world-class resorts from which to enjoy it all.
- follow the sensational via ferrata mountain route in the Grands Tsingy at Parc National des Tsingy de Bemaraha
- travel through trackless country and the west’s most beautiful gorge on a boat trip down the Manambolo River
- capture the sunset or sunrise at the always-photogenic Allée des Baobabs
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Boeny Region, Majunga (Mahajanga) & around, Cirque Rouge, Katsepy, Mahavy-Kinkony Wetland Complex, Parc National d’Ankarafantsika, Tsiribihina River Region, Miandrivazo, Tsiribihina River, Belo-sur-Tsiribihina, Manambolo River, Parc National des Tsingy de Bemaraha, Réserve Forestière de Kirindy, Morondava Region, Morondava, Belo-sur-Mer and Parc National de Kirindy-Mitea.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.