Madagascar - Southern Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guidebook.
Southern Madagascar is a wide-open adventure among some of nature’s most dramatic forms: the stark desert canyons of Parc National Isalo; the fifth-largest coral reef in the world; and vast kilometres of spiny forest containing the strangest and most formidable plants on earth.
- hike canyons, swim in rock pools and track down lemurs at Parc National Isalo
- dive the Great Reef then whale watch off languid Anakao
- contemplate a turquoise sea from stunning designer Olo Be Andavadoaka
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Desert, Parc National Isalo, Ilakaka, Parc National Zombitse-Vohibasia, Great Reef, Tuléar (Toliara), Northern Reef, Southern Reef, The Cape, Parc National Andohahela, Fort Dauphin (Taolagnaro), Evatra & Lokaro Peninsula.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.