Madagascar - Southern Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guidebook.
Southern Madagascar offers some of nature’s most dramatic forms, with stark desert canyons rivalling those of Arizona; the fifth-largest coral reef in the world just offshore, and vast stretches of spiny forest containing some of the strangest and most formidable plants on earth.
- dive the Great Reef, then go whale-watching from Anakao
- track down rare birds and nocturnal lemurs at Parc National Zombitse-Vohibasia
- stand at the tip of the ‘eighth continent’ at Cap Sainte Marie
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Desert, Parc National de l’Isalo, Ilakaka, Parc National Zombitse-Vohibasia, The Great Reef, Tuléar (Toliara), Northern Reef, Ambondrolava & Beravy, Ifaty & Mangily, Ambolimailaka, Salary, Morombé, Southern Reef, Sarodrano, St Augustine, Anakao, Beheloka, Ambola, Parc National de Tsimanampetsotse, Itampolo, The Cape, Ampanihy, Lavanono, Réserve Spéciale de Cap Sainte Marie, Faux Cap, Ambovombe, Réserve Privée de Berenty, Parc National d’Andohahela, Fort Dauphin (Taolagnaro) & around, Pic St Louis, and Evatra & Lokaro Peninsula.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.