Madagascar - Northern Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guide-book.
It’s as if Madagascar had conspired to provide a microcosm of its myriad travel experiences all in one place, including the isolated Sava region with its wild coastline and vanilla-scented air, and the country’s premier beach destination, Nosy Be.
- snorkel off tiny, palm-fringed Parc National Marin de Nosy Tanikely to spy turtles, clownfish and rays
- spot the silky sifaka (a type of lemur) – or even one of the world’s smallest frogs – in Parc National Marojejy
- watch black lemurs, boa constrictors, owls and more in Parc National Lokobe, Nosy Be’s remarkable reserve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nosy Be, Hell-Ville (Andoany), Ambatoloaka, The West Coast, Islands Around Nosy Be, Nosy Komba, Nosy Sakatia, Nosy Mitsio, Ambanja Region, Am-banja, Ankify, Antsiranana Region, Diego Suarez (Antsiranana), Baie des Français, Ramena, Les Trois Baies, Joffreville (Ambohitra), Parc National Montagne d’Ambre, Réserve Spéciale Ankarana, Sava Region, Vohémar, Sambava, Andapa, Parc National Marojejy, Réserve Spéciale Anja-naharibe-Sud, Réserve Spéciale Anjanaharibe-Sud.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.