Madagascar - Northern Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guidebook.
Can’t decide between a discovery trip and a ‘lace up your boots and forge a new trail’ trip? Then head to northern Madagascar. Activity junkies will be spoilt for choice with everything from diving to kitesurfing, while all travellers will revel in the region’s diverse landscapes.
- locate the silky sifaka in Parc National de Marojejy
- assault your senses with a visit to the Millot Plantations, where cocoa and spices are grown
- watch black lemurs, boa constrictors, owls and more in Nosy Be’s stunning Réserve Naturelle Intégrale de Lokobe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nosy Be & around, Hell-Ville (Andoany), Ambatoloaka, Andilana, Mt Passot & Crater Lakes, Nosy Komba, Nosy Tanikely, Nosy Sakatia, Nosy Mitsio, Nosy Iranja, Ambanja Region, Ambanja, Ankify, Antsiranana Region, Diego Suarez (Antsiranana), Baie des Français, Ramena, Les Trois Baies, La Mer d’Emeraude, Joffreville (Ambohitra), Parc National Montagne d’Ambre, Réserve Spéciale Ankarana, Ambilobe, Sava Region, Vohémar (Iharana), Sambava, Parc National de Marojejy and Antalaha.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.