Madagascar - Eastern Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guidebook.
There is a wildness to Eastern Madagascar of primordial allure, from the misty mountains of Masoala, down the huge coastline with its pounding sea, to the lush waterways of the Pangalanes Lakes. Travel here can be frustrating and difficult, but also surprisingly and richly rewarding.
- wake to the wail of the indri in Parc National Andasibe Mantadia
- drift along Lac Ampitabe on a solar-powered boat from Vohibola
- drive the infamous RN5 from Soanierana-Ivongo to Maroantsetra
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lac Mantasoa, Moramanga, Andasibe, Parc National Andasibe Mantadia, Réserve Spéciale d’Analamazaotra, Parc National de Mantadia, Parc Mitsinjo, Réserve de Torotorofotsy, Mahay Mitia Ala, Réserve de Maromizaha, Vohimana Forest, Pangalanes Lakes, Lac Ampitabe (Akanin’ny Nofy), Lac Rasobe & Manambato, Ambila-Lemaitso, Tamatave (Toamasina) & around, Parc Zoologique Ivoloina, Foulpointe (Mahavelona), Mahambo, Fenoarivo-Atsinanana (Fénérive Est), Soanierana-Ivongo, Manompana, Île Sainte Marie, Ambodifotatra & around, Île aux Nattes (Nosy Nato), Baie d’Antongil & the Masoala Peninsula, Mananara, Maroantsetra, Réserve de Nosy Mangabe and Parc National de Masoala.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.