Madagascar - Central Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guide-book.
With its smooth granite outcrop mountains, cool and damp climate, and intensive agriculture, the high plateau of Central Madagascar is a different world to the hot and wild lowlands that make up most of the rest of the country.
- count how many species of lemurs and chameleons you can tally up in World Heritage Parc National Ranomafana
- commune with ring-tailed lemurs in inspiring, community-run Réserve d’Anja
- watch the sunrise from the summit of Madagascar’s second-highest mountain, Pic Boby in the Parc National Andringitra
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ambatolampy, Antsirabe, Ambositra, Ranomafana, Parc National Ranomafana, Manakara, Sahambavy, Fianarantsoa, Ambalavao, Massif de l’Andringitra.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.