*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Madagascar - Central Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guidebook.
The classic tourist route from Antananarivo travels south through central Madagascar, a high plateau stretching all the way to Fianarantsoa. The journey offers a potpourri of travellers’ delights: bustling market towns, a famous railway line, distinctive mud-brick architecture and verdant national parks.
- hit the trails around Antsirabe, by foot or mountain bike
- see how many species of lemurs you can spot in Parc National de Ranomafana
- watch Madagascan wild silk being made in Soatanana
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ambatolampy, Antsirabe, Ambositra, Ialatsara Lemur Forest Camp, Parc National de Ranomafana, Ranomafana, Manakara, Sahambavy, Fianarantsoa, Ambalavao, Massif de l’Andringitra, Parc National d’Andringitra and Tsaranoro Valley.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.