Madagascar - Antananarivo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Antananarivo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madagascar guidebook.
Tana, as the capital is known, is all about eating, shopping, history and day trips. It has been the home of Malagasy power for three centuries and there’s a huge amount of history and culture to discover, as well as unexpected wildlife options.
- visit the historical monuments that crown Antananarivo’s lovely upper town, Haute-Ville
- take the time to explore Madagascar’s past in Musée de la Photo, Antananarivo’s best mu-seum
- learn the fine art of Malagasy cooking at Tana Kitchen, and have loads of fun in the pro-cess
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Antananarivo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.