*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California - Understand & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Southern California Today, History, The Lifestyle, As Seen on TV (& Film), Music & the Arts, SoCal Architecture, Flavors of SoCal, Wild Things, Transportation and Di-rectory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern Califor-nia guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, the New World of SoCal architecture and the beach lifestyle, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the film and TV industry – not just all about Hollywood’s A-list
- info on how SoCal has evolved through history, from water scandals and earthquakes to race riots and beyond.
- full coverage of the flavors of SoCal - eat like an Iron Chef judge and tipple sun-kissed wines, then go find fresh seafood shacks and gourmet-food trucks.
- details on the native wildlife and its most famous migratory visitors, from gray whales to monarch butterflies
Coverage includes: Southern California Today, History, The Lifestyle, As Seen on TV (& Film), Music & the Arts, SoCal Architecture, Flavors of SoCal, Wild Things, Trans-portation and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.