*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California - Santa Barbara County (PDF Chapter)
This is the Santa Barbara County chapter from Lonely Planet’s Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guidebook.
Frankly put, this area is damn pleasant to putter around. Low-slung between lofty mountains and the shimmering Pacific, chic Santa Barbara’s red-tiled roofs, white stucco buildings and Medi-terranean vibe give credence to its claim of being the ‘American Riviera.’
- strolling Stearns Wharf, then lazing on Santa Barbara’s cinematic beaches.
- ambling between wine-tasting rooms, hip bars, art galleries and shops in Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone.
- exploring Spanish-colonial historic sites, such as Mission Santa Barbara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santa Barbara & Around, Santa Barbara Wine Coun-try, Los Olivos, Solvang, Buellton, Montecito, Summerland, Carpinteria, Ojai, Ventura, Channel Islands National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.