Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California - San Diego & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the San Diego & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Los Angles, San Diego & Southern California guidebook.
What’s not to love? San Diego bursts with world-famous attractions for the entire family, in-cluding the zoo, Legoland and the museums of Balboa Park, plus a bubbling Downtown, beau-tiful hikes for all, more than 60 beaches and America’s most perfect weather.
- coo at koalas and pander to pandas at the San Diego Zoo
- museum-hop in Balboa Park, then sample fish tacos or the next great taste in Hillcrest and North Park
- sun and skate on the boardwalk and catch an epic sunset on the pier at Pacific Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Diego, La Jolla, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Car-diff-by-the-Sea, Encinitas, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Temecula Wine Region.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California - Understand Southern California and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)