London - Understand London and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the London Today, History, Architecture, Literary London, Theatre & Dance, Art & Fashion, The Music Scene, Film & Media, Transport, Directory A–Z, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s London guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, literature and art, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversa-tions with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on London today and the issues that face it
- info on literary London, from William Shakespeare to Will Self
- full coverage of kings, fires, plagues and the Blitz – London’s long and turbulent histo-ry
- details on theatre, dance, music, film, media and more
Coverage includes: London Today, History, Architecture, Literary London, Theatre & Dance, Art & Fashion, The Music Scene, Film & Media, Transport, Directory A–Z, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.