London - The South Bank (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Bank chapter from Lonely Planet’s London guidebook.
The drawcard sights on the South Bank stretch west–east in a manageable riverside me-lange, so exploring on foot is best. Allocate a day to walk from the London Eye to London Bridge, with sightseeing stops along the way.
- find out what all the fuss is about by exploring magnificent, and now extended, Tate Mod-ern
- revolve in leisurely fashion above London’s panoramic cityscape in the iconic London Eye
- stimulate your taste buds on a gastronomic tour of discovery at gourmet Borough Mar-ket
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout