No code necessary. See terms.
London - The City (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is The City chapter from Lonely Planet’s London guidebook.
For its size, the City punches well above its weight for attractions. Start with the heavyweights – the Tower of London and St Paul’s – allowing at least a half-day for each, but save time for some lesser-known delights and quieter corners.
- walk through a treasury of history, past the colourful Yeoman Warders (or Beefeaters), the spectacular Crown Jewels, the soothsaying ravens and armour fit for a very large king at the Tower of London
- listen in on whispering strangers in the dome of St Paul’s Cathedral before enjoying its far-reaching views
- explore the city’s many and varying incarnations through artefacts, interactive displays and recreated streetscapes at the Museum of London
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.