London - Kensington & Hyde Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kensington & Hyde Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s London guide-book.
You can navigate a serious learning curve or at least catch up on all you forgot since high school at South Kensington’s magnificent museums of the arts and sciences. You’ll need sever-al days – and considerable calorific reserves – to do them all justice.
- thumb through the Victoria & Albert Museum’s encyclopaedic A–Z of decorative and de-sign works from across the globe while admiring the astonishing architecture and making hordes of unexpected discoveries
- become hypnotised by the awe-inspiring stonework and inexhaustible collection of the Natural History Museum, while putting aside time to delve into its bucolic Wildlife Gar-den
- enjoy a picnic in Hyde Park, London’s green lung, and explore its many sights and gor-geous scenery
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.