London - East London & Docklands (PDF Chapter)
This is the East London & Docklands chapter from Lonely Planet’s London guidebook.
East London includes the heart of the old East End and most of London’s historic Docklands, along with gritty but hip Hackney and Dalston to the north, and Stratford further east.
- stop to smell the roses amid the bedlam and barrow-boy banter of Columbia Road Flower Market
- relive Games memories among extensive parklands dotted wtih interesting architecture, sports centres and even an urban beach at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- stroll along Regent’s Canal, feasting from Broadway Market stalls, perusing the stores and then staking a place at one of the pubs
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout