London - Day Trips from London (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from London chapter from Lonely Planet’s London guide-book.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from London and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Windsor Castle and Oxford.
- the bastion of British royalty, Windsor Castle overlooks the affluent town of Windsor, pic-turesquely located along the River Thames
- the world’s oldest university town, Oxford boasts more than three dozen prestigious (and eye-catching) colleges, but also some world-class museums
- awash in exquisite architecture, steeped in history and tradition and renowned for its quirky rituals, Cambridge is the quintessential English university town
- a cultural trendsetter and fashionable haunt for three centuries, Bath has so many archi-tectural gems the entire city has been named a World Heritage Site
- Stonehenge has been attracting a steady stream of pilgrims, poets and philosophers for the last 5000 years and is still a mystical, ethereal place – a haunting echo from Britain’s for-gotten past
Coverage includes: Windsor Castle, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.