London - Clerkenwell, Shoreditch & Spitalfields (PDF Chapter)
This is the Clerkenwell, Shoreditch & Spitalfields chapter from Lonely Planet’s London guidebook.
By day, explore the area’s boutiques, vintage shops, markets and cafes. But make sure you come back after dark for a meal at one of the many excellent eateries, followed by an evening flit-ting between kooky cocktail bars and subterranean nightspots.
- don your craziest outfit, groom your beard and head to Shoreditch for cocktails and carouse in clubs such as Cargo
- crawl the markets with the multicultural masses on a sunny Sunday along Brick Lane and Spitalfields
- step back through the living rooms of time at the wonderfully evocative Geffrye Muse-um
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout