Laos - Vientiane, Vange Vieng & Around (Chapter)
This is the Vientiane, Vang Vieng & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guidebook.
Vientiane, on the banks of the mighty Mekong, is the perfect place to recharge the batteries on an overland journey through Laos. Its urbane sophistication is a world away from the poetic beauty of the karst mountains of Vang Vieng.
- tube, climb, kayak, cycle, motorbike or walk through the rivers and stunning karst terrain of Vang Vieng
- indulge in a culinary journey through Vientiane by sampling mod Lao cuisine, Gallic gas-tronomy and a fusion of other flavours
- seek out the spiritual side of Laos with a visit to Pha That Luang, one of the principal Bud-dhist wats in Vientiane
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Vientiane & around, Phu Khao Khuay NPA, Ban Na, Ban Hat Khai, Tat Xai, Pha Xai & Tat Leuk, Ang Nam Ngum & around, Vang Vieng & around, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.