Laos - Vientiane, Vang Vieng & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vientiane, Vang Vieng & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guidebook.
The urbane sophistication of Vientiane is a world away from the poetic beauty of the karst mountains of Vang Vieng – one of Southeast Asia’s leading adventure centres – and the dense jungles of Phu Khao Khuay National Protected Area (NPA).
- tube, climb, kayak, cycle, motorbike or walk through the rivers and stunning karst terrain of Vang Vieng
- indulge in a culinary journey through Vientiane by sampling the country’s widest array of do-mestic food, starting at one of its best restaurants, Doi Ka Noi
- seek out the spiritual side of Laos with a visit to Pha That Luang, one of the principal Bud-dhist wats in the country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vientiane & Around, Phu Khao Khuay NPA, Vang Vieng.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.