Laos - Southern Laos (Chapter)
This is the Southern Laos chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guidebook.
Kayaking or bicycling around these bucolic islands is the signature southern Laos experi-ence, but the rest of this incredibly diverse region – home to Angkorian temples, highland cul-tures, waterfalls, prime trekking, and raw off-the-beaten-track experiences – remained off the ra-dar until recently.
- ogle fierce cascades and spot rare dolphins while touring Don Khon by bicycle or kay-ak
- take a trek and a boat trip in the jungle around Kiet Ngong, the region’s premier ecotourism area
- explore the ancient Khmer temple complex of Wat Phu Champasak
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Pakse & around, Don Kho & Ban Saphai, Phou Xieng Thong NPA, Champasak & around, Don Daeng, Wat Phu World Herit-age Area, Uo Moung (Tomo Temple), Kiet Ngong, Se Pian NPA, Bolaven Plateau Region, Pak-song Area, Tat Lo, Salavan & around, Sekong & around, Attapeu & around, Si Phan Don, Don Khong (Khong Island), Don Det & Don Khon, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.