Laos - Southern Laos (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Laos chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guidebook.
Southern Laos is dominated by the Bolaven Plateau, a fertile highland that spreads over four of the region’s provinces. It is the site of Laos’ thriving coffee plantations and also many of the re-gion’s beautiful waterfalls.
- taking in one of the Mekong’s most spectacular falls, Khon Phapheng, and learn the mystery of the Manikhote tree
- gaze in awe at 100m-high waterfalls, sip fair-trade coffee and soak in the cool climate on the Bolaven Plateau
- explore the ancient Khmer temple complex of Wat Phu Champasak
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:Pakse Region, Pakse & Around, Don Kho, Ban Saphai & Ban Don Khoh, Phu Xieng Thong NPA, Tat Phasuam, Champasak, Around Champasak, Wat Phu World Heritage Area, Kiet Ngong, Bolaven Plateau Region, Paksong Area, Tat Lo, Salavan, Attapeu, Si Phan Don, Don Khong, Don Det & Don Khon.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.