Laos - Northern Laos (Chapter)
This is the Northern Laos chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guidebook.
Whether it’s for trekking, cycling, kayaking, ziplining or a family homestay, a visit to northern Laos is for many the highlight of their trip. Dotted about are unfettered, dense forests home to ti-gers, gibbons and a cornucopia of animals.
- soar through the jungle canopy on ziplines to remote tree houses on the unforgettable Gibbon Experience near Huay Xai
- karst away on a boat ride or kayak trip down the Ou River between Muang Ngoi Neua and Nong Khiaw
- learn about the local lifestyle in homestays on a tribal trek in the remote region of Phong-sali
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Xieng Khuang & Hua Phan Provinces, Phonsavan & around, Sam Neua & around, Vieng Thong, Muang Ngoi District, Nong Khiaw, Muang Ngoi Neua & around, Phongsali Province, Muang Khua, Phongsali & around, Northwestern Laos, Udomxai & around Udomxai, Muang La, Boten, Luang Namtha & around, Muang Sing, Xieng Kok, The Middle Mekong, Huay Xai & around, Pak Beng, Hongsa, Sainyabu-li, Pak Lai, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.