*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Laos - Luang Prabang & Around (Chapter)
This is the Luang Prabang & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guide-book.
Luang Prabang slows your pulse and awakens your imagination with its combination of world-class comfort and spiritual nourishment. Sitting at the sacred confluence of the Mekong and Khan rivers are gilded wats, faded Indochinese villas and exquisite Gallic cuisine.
- watch the dawn call to alms as locals give their daily offering to the monks
- cruise up the Mekong River to the holy site of Pak Ou Caves, which brims with Buddha images
- plunge into the menthol-blue waters of Tat Kuang Si, some of the most beautiful in all of Laos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.