Laos - Luang Prabang & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Luang Prabang & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guide-book.
It’s hard to imagine a more whimsical confection of delights than you find in lantern-strung Lu-ang Prabang and its gorgeously green surrounding countryside. This is a region in which old-world colonial-era charm meets jungle adventure.
- watch the dawn call to alms as locals give their daily offering to the monks in Luang Pra-bang
- cruise up the Mekong River to the Pak Ou Caves, a holy site brimming with Buddha imag-es
- plunge into menthol-blue waters, some of the most beautiful in all of Laos, at Tat Kuang Si
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:Luang Prabang & Around, North of Luang Prabang, East of Luang Prabang, West of Luang Prabang.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.