Laos - Central Laos (Chapter)
This is the Central Laos chapter from Lonely Planet’s Laos guidebook.
Ever since Tha Khaek opened its French-colonial shutters to travellers and the dramatic 7km-long underworld of Tham Kong Lor became a must-see fixture on itineraries, central Laos has been enticing visitors.
- go underground to experience a boat trip through the incredible 7km-long limestone un-derworld of Tham Kong Lor
- trek amid gothic limestone karsts, subterranean caves and meandering rivers at Phu Hin Bun NPA
- ride and journey on winding roads through flooded valleys, dense jungle and jagged mountain peaks of ‘The Loop’
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Bolikhamsai & Khammuan Provinces, Paksan, Pak Kading, Ban Khoun Kham, Tham Kong Lor, Lak Sao, Tha Khaek & around, Savannakhet & around, Dong Phu Vieng NPA, Phu Xang Hae NPA, Sepon & the Ho Chi Minh Trail, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.