Kyoto - Understand Kyoto and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Kyoto Today, History, Religion, Geisha, Arts & Crafts, Architecture & Gardens, The Tea Ceremony, Transport, Directory A-Z, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, ikebana, kabuki and Zen gardens to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Kyoto’s traditional crafts and where to find them
- info on geisha and their history
- full coverage of Japanese temple and shrine architecture
- details on tea ceremony history and etiquette
Coverage includes: Kyoto Today, History, Religion, Geisha, Arts & Crafts, Architecture & Gardens, The Tea Ceremony, Transport, Directory A-Z, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.