Kyoto - Northwest Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwest Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
Northwest Kyoto contains two of the city’s most important temples: Kinkaku-ji, also known as the Golden Pavilion, and Ry?an-ji, with its mystical rock garden. Other sights include the sho-gun’s castle of Nij?-j? and the enclosed world of My?shin-ji.
- be dazzled by the single most impressive sight in all of Kyoto: the gold-plated main hall of the famed ‘Golden Pavilion’, Kinkaku-ji
- meditate on the 15 magical rocks in the Zen garden of Ry?an-ji
- take a stroll through the enclosed world of Zen temples at My?shin-ji
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Entertainment, Shopping, Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.