Kyoto - Northern Higashiyama (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Higashiyama chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
This area is packed with first-rate attractions and soothing greenery, making it one of the best parts of the city for relaxed sightseeing. It stretches from Nanzen-ji in the south to Ginkaku-ji in the north, two temples linked by the lovely Path of Philosophy.
- escape the crowds and find yourself at the superb Buddhist sanctuary of Hōnen-in
- check out the exhibits in Kyoto’s museum district of Okazaki-kōen
- explore the green world of Nanzen-ji, one of Kyoto’s most appealing temples
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Neighbourhood Walk, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Sleeping, Entertainment, and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.