*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Kyoto - Northern Higashiyama (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Higashiyama chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
This area is packed with first-rate attractions and soothing greenery, making it one of the best parts of the city for relaxed sightseeing. It stretches from Nanzen-ji in the south to Ginkaku-ji in the north, two temples linked by the lovely Path of Philosophy.
- escape the crowds and find yourself at the superb Buddhist sanctuary of H?nen-in
- check out the exhibits in Kyoto’s museum district of Okazaki-k?en
- explore the green world of Nanzen-ji, one of Kyoto’s most appealing temples
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Neighbourhood Walk, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Sleeping, Entertainment, and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.