Kyoto - Northern Higashiyama (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Higashiyama chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guide-book.
The Northern Higashiyama area is one of Kyoto’s most important sightseeing districts. It con-tains a long strip of temples, all connected by the lovely Path of Philosophy; it’s also home to museums, parks and a few interesting Shint? shrines.
- immerse yourself in the wonderful gardens, intimate subtemples and a hidden grotto wait-ing in the woods at Nanzen-ji
- take the bamboo-lined path to see Kyoto’s famed ‘Silver Pavilion’, Ginkaku-ji
- get lost in thought on the pretty flower-strewn Path of Philosophy (Tetsugaku-no-Michi)
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.