Kyoto - Kyoto Station & South Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kyoto Station & South Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
For most travellers, the Kyoto Station area is the entry point to the city, so your first glimpse of the city may be an anticlimax. But, rest assured, there is good stuff (and the more traditional landscape you probably came here for) in every direction.
- wander through the hypnotic arcades of torii (entrance gates) at Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- gaze up at Kyoto Station’s striking architecture and taking in views from the Sky Gar-den
- whisk up to the top of Kyoto Tower for great views over the city
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.