Kyoto - Imperial Palace & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Imperial Palace & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guide-book.
The Imperial Palace area stretches from near the southern boundary of the Imperial Palace Park up north to the Takara-ga-ike-koen and one of Japan’s oldest shrines, Kamigamo-jinja. In between, the vast Imperial Palace Park is home to the Imperial Palace itself.
- explore the many temples of Daitoku-ji and admire the Zen garden at K?t?-in
- stroll around the superb gardens at Sent? Imperial Palace designed by renowned land-scape artist Kobori Ensh?
- take a stroll through the long tree-lined approach to lovely Shimogamo-jinja
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.