*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Kyoto - Downtown Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
If you don’t give a hoot about temples, shrines and gardens, you might never leave Downtown Kyoto. It has just about everything you need: an incredible variety of accommodation, restaurants, nightlife, shopping and entertainment options.
- get lost in the department-store food floors at Takashimaya or Daimaru
- shop for the perfect gift in the shopping district around Shij? and Kawaramachi streets
- take an evening stroll along Ponto-ch?
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Sleeping, Entertainment, and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.