*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Kyoto - Downtown Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
If you don’t give a hoot about temples, shrines and gardens, you might never leave Downtown Kyoto. It has just about everything you need: an incredible variety of accommodation, restaurants, nightlife, shopping and entertainment options.
- get lost in the department-store food floors at Takashimaya or Daimaru
- shop for the perfect gift in the shopping district around Shijō and Kawaramachi streets
- take an evening stroll along Ponto-chō
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Sleeping, Entertainment, and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.