Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Kyoto - Downtown Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
Downtown Kyoto is bounded by the Kamo-gawa (the river) to the east, Karasuma-d?ri to the west, Oike-d?ri to the north and Shij?-d?ri to the south. In this relatively small square area, you will find the thickest selection of restaurants, shops, hotels and businesses in all of Kyoto.
- tread lightly over squeaking ‘nightingale’ floors while exploring Nij?-j?
- marvel at all the weird and wonderful ingredients that go into Kyoto cuisine at Nishiki Mar-ket
- stroll atmospheric Ponto-ch? in the evening lantern light
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.