Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Kyoto - Day Trips from Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Day Trips from Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Kyoto and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Nara and Osaka.
- thirty minutes away from Kyoto by express train, Nara boasts a compact collection of truly first-rate sights
- a short train trip from Kyoto, Osaka is a great place to see modern Japan in all its hyperkinetic intensity
- If you want to get a taste of life in rural Japan, hire a car and head to the villages of Miyama-chō in the mountains north of Kyoto
Coverage includes: Nara, Osaka, and Miyama-chō.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.