Kyoto - Day trips from Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guide-book.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Kyoto and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Kurama & Kibune and ?hara.
- escape to the hills for hiking and hot-spring soaking in charming Kurama & Kibune, just 30 minutes from Kyoto. Kibune is an essential visit in summer for dining on platforms over the river
- take a one-hour bus ride into the mountains for a glimpse of farming life along with temple strolling in the quiet town of ?hara. Very popular for maple-leaf viewing in autumn
- thirty minutes away from Kyoto by express train, Nara boasts a compact collection of truly first-rate sights. If you’re in Kyoto for more than five days, Nara is a must!
Coverage includes: Kurama & Kibune, ?hara, Nara, Osaka, Miya-ma-ch?.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.