*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Kyoto - Central Kyoto (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Kyoto chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
Central Kyoto comprises the entire middle of the city (except Downtown Kyoto and the Kyoto Station area). It includes the Kyoto Imperial Palace and its lovely park. To the north is Shimogamo-jinja, a shrine in a forest setting, and to the south, Tō-ji, one of Kyoto’s oldest temples.
- visit the many sub-temples at Daitoku-ji
- take a stroll through the long, tree-lined approach to Shimogamo-jinja
- enter the hidden world of the Kyoto Imperial Palace
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Sleeping, Entertainment, and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.