*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Kyoto - Arashiyama & Sagano (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arashiyama & Sagano chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
Arashiyama and Sagano, two adjoining neighbourhoods at the base of Kyoto’s western mountains, form the city’s second-most-popular sightseeing district. Foreign and domestic tourists flock here to see Tenry?-ji, a temples with a stunning mountain backdrop, and the famous Arashiyama Bamboo Grove. There are also several small temples and a fine hilltop villa.
- walk through the famous Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- hike up to the moss garden at Gi?-ji
- visit with our simian cousins at Arashiyama Monkey Park Iwatayama
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Neighbourhood Walk, and Eating.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.