*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Kyoto - Arashiyama & Sagano (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arashiyama & Sagano chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guidebook.
Arashiyama and Sagano, two adjoining neighbourhoods at the base of Kyoto’s western mountains, form the city’s second-most-popular sightseeing district. Foreign and domestic tourists flock here to see Tenryū-ji, a temples with a stunning mountain backdrop, and the famous Arashiyama Bamboo Grove. There are also several small temples and a fine hilltop villa.
- walk through the famous Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- hike up to the moss garden at Giō-ji
- visit with our simian cousins at Arashiyama Monkey Park Iwatayama
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Neighbourhood Walk, and Eating.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.