Kyoto - Arashiyama & Sagano (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arashiyama & Sagano chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kyoto guide-book.
It’s best not to rush here, as this is the perfect place to take it slow wandering around the temples, strolling along the river or hiring a bicycle and exploring it on a slow ride.
- meander the trails through the villa’s stunning garden and admire the hilltop views at Okochi Sanso
- enter a magical green world of swaying bamboo stalks at Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- meditate at Tenryu-ji’s sublime Zen garden to a backdrop of the Arashiyama mountains
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.