Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang - Understand Kuala Lumpur and Survival Guide (Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, culture and religion, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the big issues of the day and the forces shaping the future, at a glance
- info on the people and religion of this multicultural region
- full coverage of KL’s arts and architecture: colonial relics, skyscrapers and more
- details on the national parks and varied wildlife around the city
Coverage includes: Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang Today: The Mewling Tiger, Identity Questions, The Other Big Issues, Government & Politics and The Future of Taiwan, History: Early History, The Dutch Colonial Era, Taiwan in the Qing Dynasty, The Japanese Colonial Era: 1895-1945, Taiwan under KMT Rule, The Post-Martial-Law Period: 1988-2000 and Taiwan in the 21st Century, The People of Taiwan: Taiwan’s Modernity, Ethnicity, Taiwanese Women Today, Lifestyle and The Taiwanese Character, Religion in Taiwan: A Brief History, Three Faiths (Plus One), Pilgrimage, Acts of Worship & Prayer, Same God, Many Statues and Religion & Modern Life, The Temples of Taiwan: History, Architectural Features, Temple Decorative Arts and Temples Today, The Arts of Taiwan: Modern Visual Arts, Indigenous Arts & Crafts, Music, Performing Arts, Cinema and Literature, The Landscape of Taiwan: The Beauty, Mountains, Rivers & Plains, Wetlands Environmental Issues and Natural Disasters: Earthquakes, Typhoons & Landslides, Wildlife Guide: Taiwan’s Forests & Climate, Plants, Animals and Conservation, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.