Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang - Melaka City (Chapter)
This is the Melaka City chapter from Kuala Lumpur chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang guidebook.
Like a peacock, Melaka City is bright, loud and preens with its wealth of home-grown galleries, crimson colonial buildings and showy trishaws. The city’s kaleidoscope of architecture is well preserved, and vibrant Jonker Walk Night Market provides street food galore.
- feast on Peranakan curries, Portuguese seafood, Indian banana-leaf spreads and good coffee
- stroll or cycle around Melaka’s historic Chinatown, discovering galleries, craft workshops and the murals along the Melaka River
- experience the razzle-dazzle and street food of Jonker Walk Night Market
- go for a spin around the historic centre in a kitschy trishaw
- embrace nostalgia at the atmospheric Baba & Nyonya Heritage Museum in a gorgeously decorated old home
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Activities and Sleeping.